Re: ocamlnet3

Le 24/04/2011 15:47, Eric Cooper a écrit :
>> Forgot to mention that uploading a new ocamlnet package means recompiling
>> its reverse dependencies, which are already ready with respect to OCaml and
>> OCamlnet. So, I'd rather prefer to wait the transition to finish. Then,
>> we could upload OCamlnet3 as soon as OCaml transitions to testing.
>
> That makes sense.  I'll go ahead and upload the new version of approx,
> and it can be part of those binNMUs later.

What is the status of this transition? Did you try all reverse
dependencies? Can you update the page at [1]?

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/OCamlTransitions

FWIW, I'd like to see the current type-conv/findlib transition finished
first (they collide with ocamlnet on at least ocsigen).

> [...] Should I go ahead and merge this
> branch into master, or wait for one of you DDs to do that in
> conjunction with an upload?

There is something wrong in the current "ocamlnet3" branch, i.e. no new
version in an upstream branch, then merged into a debian branch. And the
pristine-tar branch doesn't match.

I've updated the branches experimental/{upstream,master} with your
changes (and some intermediate upstream versions). You should be able to
build from experimental/master by adding
  --git-upstream-branch=experimental/upstream
  --git-debian-branch=experimental/master
to git-buildpackage. I've added a few changes of my own.

What about uploading the current state to experimental?

Stéphane