Re: Transition to OCaml 3.12.0...

Le 08/02/2011 09:02, Mehdi Dogguy a écrit :
> I'm really surprised that you're even considering this solution. JoCaml
> has a release 3.12 tarball that should be uploaded when the transition
> starts. I don't see any reason to remove it from testing.

It is undeniable that the package is not ready, and it is basically the
only blocker. It is the only one missing from my test repository. And
has no reverse-dependencies. Although I've been personally contacted by
people who do care (but didn't want to go through the trouble of
properly updating the package), I didn't have a look in detail (and I
won't).

> AFAIK, other packages FTBFSing have patches too... so, it should be easy
> to get around those build failures. (Unless I misunderstood something).

Could you point me to those patches? I agree, some of the FTBFSes can be
easily fixed, but ocamlgsl one (for example) doesn't seem obvious to me,
and I don't have time to investigate it myself.

Stéphane