Re: join the team

On 28-07-2010, Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org> wrote:
> On  0, Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> wrote:
>> FYI, I think the following functions are exported by libcrypt:
>> - encrypt, encrypt_r
>> - setkey, setkey_r
>> - crypt, crypt_r
>>
>> I don't know the precise use of these functions though.
>>

> Wouldn't that be a welcomed contribution in cryptokit? (maybe it's not...
> I'm just curious).

IMHO, cryptokit is more about cryptography functions (MD5, SHA1...),
whereas crypt is made to read /etc/passwd file... AFAIK, crypt is not
implemented the same way on all systems. It ranges from a simple ROT13
to Blowfish/SHA... The point of crypt is to my mind to provide an
uniform function for the whole system.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall