Re: Care of your packages Was: Accepted dh-ocaml 0.4.1~bpo50+1 (source all)

Jan Wagner wrote:

> Okay ... lets summarize what we have concluded in our discussion:
>
> * My dh-ocaml upload was rather suboptimal.
>
> From my POV, it would be nice if such a behavior (raising build-deps for
> transioning) is documented in a prominent place, for example README.source in
> all involved packages. This would life making easier for people outside the
> OCalm Group to understand the work(flow), for example when bughunting (on BSP
> or where ever) and even backporting. This should result into making your life
> easier too. :)

There was a version bump for dh-ocaml from 0.4 to (directly) 0.9.
Shouldn't that warrant the backporter somehow? And in general, asking
the usual maintainer doesn't harm so that you're sure about the
implications of the backport.

Kind regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي