Re: Care of your packages Was: Accepted dh-ocaml 0.4.1~bpo50+1 (source all)

Jan Wagner a écrit :
> My intention of the my "rant" was just, to avoid to leave unmainted versions
> on backports.org, which is not, what the users expect. If you want to have an
> impression, have a look on the older[1] and the outdated[2] packages.

My "rant" would be about your decision to backport a recent version of
dh-ocaml without contacting the original maintainers.

As said elsewhere, keeping an "old" version of dh-ocaml in the backports
 was done *on purpose*, because versions >= 0.9 of dh-ocaml introduce
very intrusive changes in the packaging workflow/toolchain not suitable
for the backports. For example, I backported an "old" version of camlbz2
*on purpose* because newer versions introduce changes only in the
packages not relevant for a backport.

With your backport of dh-ocaml 0.9.3, you've just complicated the
backports of OCaml packages from now on.

Best regards,

--
Stéphane