Re: Custom build and liquidsoap

On 09/29/2010 03:35 PM, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
Le 29/09/2010 14:24, Romain Beauxis a écrit :
Well, I think its more that most upstream do not see the advantage
of compiling in non-custom mode... What would you tell them ?

The original reason was to avoid unstrippable binaries, which violate
 policy (cf. #256900). The fix on OCaml side is simple, but upstream
 refused the patch on the grounds that -custom is actually deprecated
and applications using -custom should be fixed instead.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=256900#49

While this remains true (upstream completely deprecating the usage of
custom), I wonder why we don't apply this patch in our ocaml pacakge?

It doesn't change anything regarding the interface or usage and avoids
data-loss or broken binaries for our users. (It doesn't mean that we
still support custom... just that we provide a less broken implementation).

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/