Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

On 05-09-2010, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:39:06PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
>
>> I think I now have a draft of an update of our policy. This work
>> is simply a continuation of the work started by Sylvain who did already
>> the splitting in policy and reference that we had discussed earlier.
>
>> git+ssh://git.debian.org//git/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/dh-ocaml.git
>> branch: policy-update
>
> I cannot see a consensus on the question of tagging debian-specific
> META files that was brought up by Sylvain. Hence, I did not put
> anything on this topic in the policy for now.

Better than to have nothing, I think that we should use a comment at the
beginning of the META file, when it has been written by a Debian packager:

# This META file is delivered by the Debian distribution.
version = ...
description = ...

This doesn't imply non-standard field and is at least an information
about the fact upstream doesn't provide one. It is grep-able and you
can even
grep -E "^# This META File is delivered by the .* distribution\."
which should at least partially satisfied F. Monnier.

I think it is the most reasonnable way to do things.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall