Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

Le dimanche 22 août 2010 20:06:39, Stéphane Glondu a écrit :
> Le 21/08/2010 18:46, Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
> > We could even define a variable for this e.g. add:
> >
> > origin = "Debian"
> >
> > in the META file. This is better than a comment: you can grep it and you
> > can programmatically access it through findlib. It is also a construct
> > allowed by META syntax (i.e. you can define useless variables).
>
> I quite like the idea.
>
> Florent Monnier wrote:
> > in this example you can't use "origin" as a keyword too, because you
> > can't prevent an upstream to use an "origin" field too, for example:
> > origin="janest"
> > OK one can grep "origin" to display its content, but not *filter* the
> > META files that come from packagers.
>
> I don't understand what you mean.

filter like List.filter does

OCAML_DIR=`ocamlc -where`
ALL_META_FILES=`ls $OCAML_DIR/*/META`
ADDED_META_FILES=`grep -l packagers $OCAML_DIR/*/META`

$ALL_META_FILES contains the list of all META files
$ADDED_META_FILES contains the list of all META files that were added by
packagers

If I want to provide a Makefile that will work for everyone, I don't want to
use the META that were added by packagers, because not everyone will have
these META in his system.

Do you understand?

--
Regards