Re: join the team

On  0, Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@rktmb.org> wrote:
> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> I try to use OCaml at work and othe current small project is to package
> that little crypt() binding:
> http://docs.camlcity.org/docs/godisrc/crypt-1.0.tar.gz

I had a quick look at the "crypt" project. It appears that the project
is only a binding to the C crypt function. I'm not sure this deserves
its own package in Debian (maybe for a personal use, but not directly in
the Debian archive). I think that people can easily integrate it in
their own project. And even more seriously (from a Debian practices
POV), the sources don't include any information about the license nor
any copyright statement. That would not be accepted in Debian.

> After that, I might be interested on packaging bigger and bigger
> softwares.

We really enjoy welcoming new people in our team and we thank you for
your interest in Debian and OCaml packaging. But, before, we'd like
to see how familiar you are with Debian and more specifically with OCaml
stuff. You can try to contribute in several ways by doing some bug
triaging or even providing patches for bugs reported against OCaml packages.

When you provide a patch, the responsible of the package could apply
your patch so that:
- your name still appears in the commit log
- your changes would be referenced in the debian/changelog
- and it could land in the Debian archive via sponsoring.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy