Objective Caml 3.11.2 in Debian
Immediate questions following Damien's announcement:
* Can I assume that you are going to release new Debian package shortly?
* How long the package need to reach testing once uploaded, 10 days?
I'm asking those questions of course because I'm looking at OCaml in Ubuntu.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Damien Doligez <Damien.Doligez@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] ANN: Objective Caml 3.11.2 released.
To: caml users <firstname.lastname@example.org>, caml announce <email@example.com>
Dear OCaml users,
It is our pleasure to celebrate the birthday of Andre-Marie Ampere
by announcing the release of OCaml version 3.11.2.
This is mainly a bug-fix release, see the list of changes below.
It is available here: < http://caml.inria.fr/download.en.html >.
It is source-only for the moment, but the binary versions will
be made available soon.
Note that there are still known problems under Windows with the
experimental procedure of building the system with ocamlbuild,
so you should build with make for the moment.
-- the OCaml team.
Objective Caml 3.11.2:
- PR#4151: better documentation for min and max w.r.t. NaN
- PR#4421: ocamlbuild uses wrong compiler for C files
- PR#4710, PR#4720: ocamlbuild does not use properly configuration information
- PR#4750: under some Windows installations, high start-up times for Unix lib
- PR#4777: problem with scanf and CRLF
- PR#4783: ocamlmklib problem under Windows
- PR#4810: BSD problem with socket addresses, e.g. in Unix.getnameinfo
- PR#4813: issue with parsing of float literals by the GNU assembler
- PR#4816: problem with modules and private types
- PR#4818: missed opportunity for type-based optimization of bigarray accesses
- PR#4821: check for duplicate method names in classes
- PR#4823: build problem on Mac OS X
- PR#4836: spurious errors raised by Unix.single_write under Windows
- PR#4841, PR#4860, PR#4930: problem with ocamlopt -output-obj under Mac OS X
- PR#4847: C compiler error with ocamlc -output-obj under Win64
- PR#4856: ocamlbuild uses ocamlrun to execute a native plugin
- PR#4867, PR#4760: ocamlopt -shared fails on Mac OS X 64bit
- PR#4873: ocamlbuild ignores "thread" tag when building a custom toplevel
- PR#4890: ocamlbuild tries to use native plugin on bytecode-only arch
- PR#4896: ocamlbuild should always pass -I to tools for external libraries
- PR#4900: small bug triggering automatic compaction even if max_overhead = 1M
- PR#4902: bug in %.0F printf format
- PR#4910: problem with format concatenation
- PR#4922: ocamlbuild recompiles too many files
- PR#4923: missing \xff for scanf %S
- PR#4933: functors not handling private types correctly
- PR#4940: problem with end-of-line in DOS text mode, tentative fix
- PR#4953: problem compiling bytecode interpreter on ARM in Thumb mode.
- PR#4955: compiler crash when typing recursive type expression with constraint
- Module Printf: the simple conversion %F (without width indication) was not
- Makefile: problem with cygwin, flexdll, and symbolic links
- Various build problems with ocamlbuild under Windows with msvc
- PR#9: (tentative implementation) make ocamldebug use #linenum annotations
- PR#123, PR#4477: custom exception printers
- PR#3456: Obj.double_field and Obj.set_double_field functions
- PR#4003: destination directory can be given to Filename.[open_]temp_file
- PR#4647: Buffer.blit function
- PR#4685: access to Filename.dir_sep
- PR#4703: support for debugging embedded applications
- PR#4723: "clear_rules" function to empty the set of ocamlbuild rules
- PR#4921: configure option to help cross-compilers
Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management:
Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners
Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs