Re: Objective Caml 3.11.2 in Debian

David MENTRE a écrit :
> Immediate questions following Damien's announcement:
>   * Can I assume that you are going to release new Debian package shortly?

I've recompiled (on amd64) all relevant packages with the release
candidate (announced last Dec 29), and all problems have been sorted
out. As far as I am concerned, I see no objections in starting the
transition.

However, release managers might have objections, so let's hear their
opinion first.

Meanwhile, I will set up the usual infrastructure (wiki coordination
page, transition monitoring page) by the end of the week.

>   * How long the package need to reach testing once uploaded, 10 days?

We'll have to wait for all packages to be recompiled on all
architectures. I guess this will take more than 10 days.

> I'm asking those questions of course because I'm looking at OCaml in Ubuntu.

I guess the Ubuntu transition can be made in parallel. Actually,
importing all packages at once when everything in Debian reaches testing
looks like a bad idea. Some coordination with Ubuntu maintainers (David,
could you look for one willing to take the job?) will be needed so that
everything goes smoothly.

Stéphane