Re: ocaml crosscompiler ?

Le mercredi 6 janvier 2010 10:34:12, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
>   On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 02:06:56AM +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> > So, some facts.
>
> Thanks a lot for this summary.
>
> Based on this, I'd say that the most straightforward choices look like:
>
> - calling the binary package(s) containing the OCaml cross-compiler can
>   be obtained from the current names by pre-pending "mingw32-", giving
>   package names like "mingw32-ocaml".
>
>   in fact, given the peculiarity of needs of the cross compiler, I'd
>   say that we can refrain from splitting all "ocaml-*" packages as we
>   do for the OCaml legacy compiler

I have chosed this option. Everything is very specific and I believe at least
as a first approach it is easier to fit all together.

There is an initial package available in the git repository mingw32-ocaml.git

After looking more in details, I have found that in fact fedora install the
binaries as $targer-ocaml* so I have done the same, which is also consistent
with the prefix for the crosscompilers tools.

The package was not checked against lintian or anything, but it seems to build
find on amd64 and I was able to produce at least a hello world with the
compiler.

Ocamlfind support is not yet available, though.

Let me know what you think...

Romain