Re: incompatible changes in unison?

On 08-04-2009, Derkjan de Haan <haanjdj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> I am running debian 'testing' on an amd64 system, and yesterday or so
> the unison package got upgraded. Unfortunately, it stopped working
> after that:

Does both system had been upgraded or just one ?

> I have tried removing the .unison dir in my home dir on both systems -
> in case of incompatible file changes - and suddenly it worked again,
> but this has the downside of having to do a manual resync the first
> time you start unison.
> Perhaps this warrants some maintainer attentention?

If both system goes from unison 2.13.16 to 2.27.57, the behavior you are
reporting is totally normal (no archive compatibility between major
version).

Give use more information (versions on both hosts and former versions),
but if it is now working normal there is no point giving it too much
attention (or blaming unison upstream for not providing compatible
archive file, but this is a design choice).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall