incompatible changes in unison?

Dear maintainers,

I am running debian 'testing' on an amd64 system, and yesterday or so
the unison package got upgraded. Unfortunately, it stopped working
after that:

derkjan@haanjdj:~$ unison -auto ssh://derkjan@192.168.2.5/thkn thkn
Contacting server...
derkjan@192.168.2.5's password:
Connected [//haanjdj//home/derkjan/thkn ->
//toshiba.badmuts.org//home/derkjan/thkn]
Looking for changes
Fatal error: Server: End_of_file exception raised in loading archive
(this indicates a bug!)
derkjan@haanjdj:~$

This happens when synchronisation is started from this system, as well
as the other way round.

System is:

Linux haanjdj 2.6.26-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Jan 10 17:57:00 UTC 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have tried removing the .unison dir in my home dir on both systems -
in case of incompatible file changes - and suddenly it worked again,
but this has the downside of having to do a manual resync the first
time you start unison.
Perhaps this warrants some maintainer attentention?

Regards,

Derkjan de Haan