Re: NO_CUSTOM in OCamlMakefile

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 11:27:55AM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> I just got bitten by the fact that OCamlMakefile defaults to using
> custom mode when it builds libraries with stubs, and requires
> "NO_CUSTOM = y" to disable.  Given the current policy that deprecates
> this, I think this default should be reversed, and require something
> like "USE_CUSTOM_MODE = y" to get the old behavior.
>
> But before I submit a patch for that, are there other packages that
> use OCamlMakefile that will break?

I do not think that we should change that behaviour. IMHO, this package
is rather useful for for ocaml programmers who wish to have the latest
version of that file for their own projects, independently of whether
this is for building debian packages or not. So we shouldn't deviate from
OCamlMakfile's standard behaviour without a very good reason. If you
believe that it is *in general* a bad idea to use CUSTIM_MODE than
this should be fixed by upstream.

Cheers -Ralf.