Re: Bug report #541682

Guillaume Yziquel a écrit :

> However, I'm a bit surprised since I haven't received any email on this
> one, and the debian-ocaml-maint@ list doesn't seem to have any record of
> such a report.

I am also surprised. I haven't received this bugreport either.

> Moreover, I'm a bit baffled about its content:
>
>>> ocamlfind ocamlopt   -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c
>>> pGOCaml_config.ml
>>> ocamlfind: Not supported in your configuration: ocamlopt
>>> make[1]: *** [pGOCaml_config.cmx] Error 2
>
> How come ocamlfind ocamlopt can't run properly here? Is it an arch problem?

I am less surprised. Not all Debian architectures have ocamlopt. The
architectures where ocamlopt is available are documented in
/usr/lib/ocaml/native-archs (you should use OCAML_HAVE_OCAMLOPT or
OCAML_OPT_ARCH from /usr/share/ocaml/ocamlvars.mk, if needed, in your
debian/rules).

It's the maintainer's job to make packages work even if ocamlopt is missing.

Stéphane