Re: library rebuild for 3.11

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 02:06:58PM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> Is there a script driving the rebuild, or are people individually
> uploading their rebuilt packages?

The former, but you can easily automate a rebuild. In fact, if you use
{git,svn}-buildpackage is really just a single command, to be iterated
on different directories, possibly updating a chroot in between.

> If it's a script, I wanted to check that it will prefer git repos to
> svn, since a couple of my packages are still in both places (since
> the Lenny package corresponds to what's in svn).

On this I agree with Stéphane, I prefer to get rid of the old one, to
avoid people (i.e., maintainer) look in the wrong place. It is true
that Lenny users will see the svn repo, which is empty. My best
solution to this (currently _not_ implemented by my packages migrated
to git) is to keep the directory, and put in it a README pointing to
the new repo.  That way debcheckout will work as usual and the human
finding the file will know what to do.

Any volunteer for harvesting our package base, to spot which packages
will need to add the file?, possibly even doing that automatically in
a batch fashion.

For Lenny+1, it can be a good idea to equip debcheckout with PTS
querying capabilities (now that it can be done via SOAP). That way it
can query the PTS which is more likely to contain the most recent
Vcs-* info wrt APT. I'll file a bug report about that.