Re: [Pgocaml-dev] Problem compiling pgocaml 1.1

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 10:24:30PM +0200, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> >> Thanks, Richard and Dario, for help. The problem is actually the
> >> absence of .cma, .cmxa and .a files in the Debian package. Downloading
> >> the original source package [1] I found that the problem is present in
> >> the source distribution itself. I'll send a note to Julien Signoles.
> >
> > Sounds also like a Debian packaging bug with the Debian Calendar
> > package.  Have you thought about asking them (CC'd)?
>
> Is it possible to get some context?

Yes, sorry for that, I'll attach the original message ...

> In Debian, there is version 2 of calendar, where everything is packed
> into calendarLib.cmo. Maybe this is your problem?

Hmmm -- shouldn't ocamlfind ... -package calendar pick this up?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

================================ 8< CUT HERE >8 ================================
$ make
ocamlfind ocamlc -g  -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c pGOCaml_config.ml
ocamlfind ocamlc -g  -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c pGOCaml.mli
ocamlfind ocamlc -g  -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c pGOCaml.ml
ocamlfind ocamlc -g -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -a -o
pgocaml.cma pGOCaml_config.cmo pGOCaml.cmo
ocamlfind ocamlopt   -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c pGOCaml_config.ml
ocamlfind ocamlopt   -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c pGOCaml.ml
ocamlfind ocamlopt  -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -a -o
pgocaml.cmxa pGOCaml_config.cmx pGOCaml.cmx
ocamlfind ocamlc -g -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv \
	  -pp "camlp4o pa_extend.cmo q_MLast.cmo -loc loc -impl" \
	  -I +camlp4 -c -impl pa_pgsql.ml4
ocamlfind ocamlc -g  -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -c
test_pgocaml_lowlevel.ml
ocamlfind ocamlc -g -package unix,extlib,pcre,calendar,csv -linkpkg \
	  pgocaml.cma -o test_pgocaml_lowlevel test_pgocaml_lowlevel.cmo
Error while linking pgocaml.cma(PGOCaml):
Reference to undefined global `Calendar'
make: *** [test_pgocaml_lowlevel] Error 2

As you can see the package "calendar" is present and actually the
library successfully compiles, both native and bytecode.

My system is a Debian (unstable), OCaml 3.10.2, extlib 1.5.1, calendar
2.0.2 and csv 1.1.6. I think I'm probably missing something *very*
obvious that I should see at a glance. Can anyone of you help me?

Thanks a lot,

--
Paolo
~