Re: ocaml, jocaml, ocamlduce, *?caml

On  0, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> For example, I doubt it would have been hard to port ocamlduce from
> 3.10.1 to 3.10.2. For sure the port from 3.10.0 to 3.10.1 is harder, but
> Alain (ocamlduce's upstream) has cared about binary compatibility with
> OCaml 3.10.0 in the very first place. It is then much likely he is
> interested in having binary compatibility with newer OCaml upstream
> releases. Helping him out when needed is likely to be a much more
> rewarding road than forking 600 binary packages.

Recently, I've mailed Alain to know how ocamlduce 3.x.y is produced. And
it was just like "volonteers to maintain (fork) ocamlduce are neeeeded".
He also said : "One day, ocamlduce 3.10.2 will be released ...". So we
won't have it soon (AFAICT).

Just an idea : As Alain won't add any functionality to ocamlduce in the
future, is it crazy to consider a fork ?

Concerning JoCaml, it can be helpful to know JoCaml team's plans.

--
Mehdi Dogguy
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~dogguy/