Re: ocaml, jocaml, ocamlduce, *?caml

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:33:47PM +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> Recently, I've mailed Alain to know how ocamlduce 3.x.y is produced. And
> it was just like "volonteers to maintain (fork) ocamlduce are neeeeded".
> He also said : "One day, ocamlduce 3.10.2 will be released ...". So we
> won't have it soon (AFAICT).
>
> Just an idea : As Alain won't add any functionality to ocamlduce in the
> future, is it crazy to consider a fork ?

Precisely given what you said about the fork is not reasonable. Meaning
that Alain, as we have guessed, just needs help. So instead of forking
we should "just" stay in touch with him and help him release OCamlduce
3.10.2.

In fact I don't know

> Concerning JoCaml, it can be helpful to know JoCaml team's plans.

On that side I know nothing indeed, but probably Pietro as more hints to
share :) The bright side of JoCaml though is that, AFAIU, it is much
more similar to plain OCaml than OCamlDuce. So probably the "patch" to
maintain has a minor workload.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/