Re: How to know the set of (source?) packages having bytecode executables?

Hello Stefano,

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

[ me ]
>> section that broke the binary. This bug should soon be fixed
>> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ocamlnet/+bug/180364).

In fact, the bug is not fixed yet. :-(

>> After that, one will need to rebuild all OCaml packages having
>> bytecode executables. Thus my question: is there a script somewhere
>> that could help me list all packages (I suppose I mean source
>> packages, right?) having bytecode executables, like ocamlnet for
>> ocamlrpcgen binary?
>
> Short answer: we don't have anything like that that I'm aware of.

Ok, thank you for your detailed answer.

I'll think I'll try a more brute-force approach: installing all
OCaml-related packages and look for OCaml bytecode binaries in /usr/bin/
(using the same pattern as proposed in the Ubuntu bug report).

Is there a list of OCaml *binary* packages somewhere? From my search,
this is not the case.

After looking at Stephane's gen-binNMU-request.py script, using rmadison
I should be able to make such a script.

Yours,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A