Re: binNMUs for the OCaml transition

Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> [...] Better would be to write a script which
> parses the information we already have about OCaml-related packages and
> generate the needed lines to be inlined in the email.

I've written a script gen-binNMU-request.py (see svn) to generate these
lines from:
  http://pkg-ocaml-maint.alioth.debian.org/build_order.txt

It can undoubtedly be improved. Here are some shortcomings and remarks:
 * I could not find a script-friendly way to easily determine whether a
package is already built with 3.10.1 or not, so the script as it is now
generates a binNMU request for ALL the packages listed in the file given
in argument. I guess one just has to remove the already-built packages
from build_order in order to forget them for binNUM.
 * Some packages have multiple dependencies; I hope several dep-wait
lines can follow a binNMU line.
 * I use rmadison (as suggested in the wiki page zack mentioned) to
determine the binNMU number.
 * The build_order.txt file should probably be updated.

If I trust:
  http://pkg-ocaml-maint.alioth.debian.org/debian-ocaml-status.html

the packages bibtex2html, camlp5, findlib, hevea, hlins, ocaml-expat,
ocamlweb, ocurl, pcre-ocaml, ulex0.8 are already built with 3.10.1.
camlp5, ulex0.8 are not listed in build_order.txt, so I guess this file
is not up-to-date... anyway, removing the others from build_order.txt
gives the file attached to this mail.

Stéphane