Re: binNMUs for the OCaml transition

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 11:16:42PM +0100, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> I've written a script gen-binNMU-request.py (see svn) to generate these
> lines from:
>   http://pkg-ocaml-maint.alioth.debian.org/build_order.txt

Thanks for this. Please note that now that file is up to date, so I
think it can be now used safely to generate the requests.

> It can undoubtedly be improved. Here are some shortcomings and remarks:
>  * I could not find a script-friendly way to easily determine whether a
> package is already built with 3.10.1 or not, so the script as it is now
> generates a binNMU request for ALL the packages listed in the file given
> in argument. I guess one just has to remove the already-built packages
> from build_order in order to forget them for binNUM.

What about screen scraping our status page? Alternatively, if you
prefer, I can put on line side by side to it a more machine
interpretable version of it (plain text, record oriented, tab-separated
or something such). What about it?

Once this detail has been settled, I assume we can go ahead and request
the binNMUs, since nobody complained about it ...

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/