Re: Ocaml opt on alpha

Hello,

On 10-12-2007, Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@debian.org> wrote:
> I heard that there was intention to drop native compilers on many
> architecture like ia64 cause it is buggy... I don't remember if alpha
> was one scheduled for removal. If it is not schedule for removal, please
> take a look at this log
>
>   http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=matita&ver=0.4.98-4&arch=alpha&stamp=1197110816&file=log
>
> in particular I belive the line
>
>  /tmp/camlstartupec68eb.o: In function `caml_curry2':
>  (.text+0x585c): relocation truncated to fit: BRADDR against symbol
>  `caml_call_gc' defined in .text section in
>  /usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.0/libasmrun.a(alpha.o)
>
> has nothing to do with the software I'm compiling. Does this error
> message make any sense to you?
>
> Cheers
> --
> Enrico Tassi

Yes, this arch is schedule for removal. Looking at the last entry of the
ocaml package changelog:

 * remove ia64, arm and alpha native arches (no more ocamlopt for this
 arches)

When it will be time, somebody should consider uploading the ocaml
package sitting in the SVN (which include this kind of changes).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall