Ocaml opt on alpha

I heard that there was intention to drop native compilers on many
architecture like ia64 cause it is buggy... I don't remember if alpha
was one scheduled for removal. If it is not schedule for removal, please
take a look at this log

  http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=matita&ver=0.4.98-4&arch=alpha&stamp=1197110816&file=log

in particular I belive the line

 /tmp/camlstartupec68eb.o: In function `caml_curry2':
 (.text+0x585c): relocation truncated to fit: BRADDR against symbol
 `caml_call_gc' defined in .text section in
 /usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.0/libasmrun.a(alpha.o)

has nothing to do with the software I'm compiling. Does this error
message make any sense to you?

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi