Re: please upload approx from svn

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:28:55AM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> I'll do it tonight.

Thanks very much.

> Is there any chance that we can also upload a version to backports.org?
> (i.e. does it work with ocaml in etch).

It would need some minor modifications to build in etch.  I'm not very
familiar with backports.  Is it considered good practice for the
package be as "backportable" as possible, or should I keep the
dependencies at the "leading edge"?

For example, approx currently build-depends on ocamlmakefile; I could
change this to "ocamlmakefile | ocaml-tools (< 2007)".

It also build-depends on ocaml-nox (>= 3.10). But since I don't rely
on any new 3.10 features, I could just drop the versioned dependency
completely.

A more significant issue is that approx uses ocamlnet2 now.  I could
either backport that library and its dependencies, or modify the
approx source slightly.  If I do this, should I keep a backport branch
in svn (again, is there some best practice here?)

> You should also add "Dm-Upload-Allowed: yes" field into you approx
> source package, to be allowed to upload it.

OK, I've committed this change to debian/control.