Re: [Caml-list] Python and Caml

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

http://nmag.soton.ac.uk/tf/pycaml.html

(Note ad Debian developers: this fixes some major memory management bugs
that can cause crashes in the original pycaml module which is in Debian,
so, ideally, our variant should eventually supersede the code that is at
present in that Debian package. Interface-wise, our module provides more
than the original one, but I think I also had to remove two or three
very obscure functions.)

Many thanks for this, we are of course very interested in packaging your
version if it is better than the old one that we are shipping in Debian.
Still, a question is due: what happened to the previous version by Art
Yerkes? Have you got in touch with him and he passed over the
maintenance to you or something such?

Follow-up on this: we once again tried to contact Art Yerkes via his
sourceforge email address, without any success. Do you still have any
contact to the upstream maintainer? If not, we (= the nmag team, but
actually, mostly I) would be willing to take up maintenance of the
upstream code.

--
best regards,
Thomas Fischbacher