Re: what about a camlp{4,5}-misc package ...

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 03:13:55PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> In fact i was meaning how to deal with "archive(syntax)" in the META
> file.
>
> Do you want to make META file with "archive(syntax)=pa_oo.cmo" mandatory ?

I was just thinking at the proposed package in this thread. And for it
yes, I'm going to provide archive(syntax) lines in the various META
files the package will be shipping.

Whether making such lines mandatory or not per policy (I guess that was
what you meant) is not strictly related to camlp*-misc, but yes, I think
it would be meaningful to handle it the same way we handle META for
other packages. Since the kind of package we are talking about are
syntax extensions of course the appropriate META lines would be the
"(syntax)" one.