Re: what about a camlp{4,5}-misc package ...

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:26:24AM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> IMHO, i would prefer having a lot of small packages that can be updated
> independently (i.e. one package per extension). Maybe you can consider
> that those extensions will be "Arch: all" and will only add 1 package and
> no buildd load...

I don't want to carry the load of having several extension packages when
the extensions are small. I think it's unlikely that we will have a
package for the various extensions I mentioned in the wiki page; at
least I don't think I will take the steps to create the various packages
(but frankly I don't think anyone else will).

On the contrary I think I will be happy to work, once, in creating the
aggregate package. That's it.

I agree with the perplexities of multi-source Debian packages in
general, but I do believe they make sense for small pieces of software
and we have plenty of examples in the archive; I myself are maintaining
vim-addons for example.  Note that the case of ocamlmakefile was quite
peculiar in this respect, since it's a package on which a lot of
packages can build depend.