Re: Some of your Debian packages might need attention

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 12:34 +0000, DDPOMail robot wrote:
> Dear John Skaller,
>
> The following possible problem(s) were detected in the package(s)
> you maintain in Debian:
>
> === felix: (you co-maintain this package)
> = This package has 1 RC bug(s) more than 30 days old:
> - #430234 <http://bugs.debian.org/430234>
>   ldbl128 transition for alpha, powerpc, sparc, s390
> = This package has not been able to migrate from unstable
>   to testing for 343 days.

I got one of these too, I'm not sure I fully understand it.
I think this is a false positive for Felix.

Felix depend on gcc/g++ since the tool calls g++,
so all that is required is g++ be used with the same size
long double when invoked by the client, as when it is built.

[i.e. the depends and build-depends should be the same with
compatible switches]

Since there are no special switches, and the package autodetects
the size of long double, there shouldn't be any problem should there?