Re: build-depending on a virtual package

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 06:37:00PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Does it realy matter to have the ocaml-best-compilers? Do we realy
> need to save that extra 0.1s compile time by using the binary
> optimized compiled on some archs?

My answer is: no.

But still, on stuff like Coq it can be far from the 0.1s, it can be a
factor of up to 10x. As a user who rebuild from time to time package by
himself, having such build-dependency is a way to reduce the compile
time. I see it like a way to be kind with users rebuilding package by
their own.

It would be wonderful to have a way for such a dependency to be just a
"hint", that sbuild can be free to ignore. But AFAIK there is no way to
do that.