Re: adding X-Vcs-Svn source field to ocaml related packages

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 02:17:56PM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> I find all this very nice but I was wondering: in what measure all this
> is standardized? Is there a (unofficial) list of commonly used XS-X-...
> fields in debian/control files? Else we might end up with lots of

AFAIK there is not such list.

I know of only two uses of XS-X fields:
- XS-Python-Version (or something like that), mandated by the new python
  policy
- XS-X-Vcs-Svn, discussed on debian-devel some weeks ago

There is no standardization for headers related to the vcs used by a
package, but there is currently no drift either. The only packages I
found with such info are Dato's and I inherited from it.

My hope is to standardize it by mere use. To this end I also contacted
Raphael Hertzog to see if I can use this information as part of the
static information in the PTS.