Re: dpkg-shlibdeps problem

skaller wrote:
> I get this:
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libdemux_dynamic.so not recognized
>
> and it is generated by this Perl code:

[...]

> I can Knit but I can't Perl .. so it looks like the script
> is trying to parse the filename
>
> 	libdemux_dynamic.so
>
> but failing .. can anyone tell me what it's looking for and why?

It looks much more like if it was trying to have a look at "objdump -p
libdemux_dynamic.so" (I say this because of the regexp trying to look
for NEEDED libraries).

> I'm not sure why dh_shlibdeps is needed .. I guess it is trying
> to calculated Depends package names based on library names
> which are actually detected as dependencies .. ?

Yes, that's exactly it. The variable ${shlibs:Depends} in the
debian/control gets substituted by the list of resulting packages.

Cheers,

Samuel.