Re: removal of svenl from the project

Hi,

Andres Salomon wrote:
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 10:59:46AM -0500, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

Thanks for yours and Ralf's responses.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting
anyone to actually say that they *enjoyed* working w/ Sven.  This is making
me seriously reconsider my request; obviously, I don't want to penalize
teams that want Sven around.  My intent really is to improve the project,
not to hurt Sven (or any other teams).

Does the rest of the ocaml team feel this way as well?

I also did *enjoy* working with Sven.

I started as a maintainer by packaging ocaml programs and the help of the whole ocaml-maint team (including Sven) was very valuable. He often did answer my questions and helped me to learn packaging and the specificities of caml packages. He was also willing to let others help (i.e. wasn't the never-touch-my-package type). Interacting with him always been nice and fruitful. As far as the ocaml-related packaging is concerned, I really feel that his work has always been quite productive.

I tend to try to spare my time and I only read lists like debian-devel from time to time, so I'm not judging here the whole interaction of Sven with the Debian project.

Please mail me privately, no sense in cluttering up the lists any more.

Sorry for not doing this but this mail made me discover you expulsion thing and I wanted to give my public support to Sven at least once.

Cheers,

Samuel.