Re: CDBS and debian/control ...

> The problem that Jeffries had, and which you probably have also in your
> CDBS based packages, is that you cannot use a debian/control target, as it
> will be called automatically by the CDBS rules at *build time*, which is a
> RC bug in CDBS i believe, and the reason why Joerg rejected the facile
> package, and probably why you (by luck and without noticing probably) are
> not using a debian/control target but an ocaml_init one.
>
> So, if we will write in our policy that you should use a debian/control
> target to generate the build-dep part of the control file, then you cannot
> use CDBS at the same time, until CDBS is fixed.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Yeah that was the explanation i just wanted to write.
Last night I came back from the conference in Frankfurt (LWE) and i was really
frustrated about CDBS, sorry for my svn-log ...
I am always using CDBS to reduce the code and i thought that a rule called
debian/control won't be called during the build, but last night i saw the bug
in CDBS and tested it twice (and Joerg was right) so i just deleted the
control.in .
Now I want to wait a week to see if CDBS will be fixed and if this won't
happen I will just use normal debhelper and write a new rule .
For the debian version of facile (which is in the new queue) there is no real
change (except the switch from rule to rule) so the facile version in new can
enter debian without problems.

Greetings
Steffen