Re: CDBS and debian/control ...

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 09:08:14AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 07:00:20AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Removed:
> > >    trunk/packages/facile/trunk/debian/control.in
> > > Modified:
> > >    trunk/packages/facile/trunk/debian/rules
> > > Log:
> > > CDBS SUCKS, sorry to all
> >
> > I believe the right thing here, is to not use CDBS for ocaml packages, at
> > least until this CDBS-bug is fixed.
>
> As you write it in this post the assertion is completely unmotivated.
>
> Could you please elaborate on the subject?

The problem that Jeffries had, and which you probably have also in your
CDBS based packages, is that you cannot use a debian/control target, as it will
be called automatically by the CDBS rules at *build time*, which is a RC bug
in CDBS i believe, and the reason why Joerg rejected the facile package, and
probably why you (by luck and without noticing probably) are not using a
debian/control target but an ocaml_init one.

So, if we will write in our policy that you should use a debian/control target
to generate the build-dep part of the control file, then you cannot use CDBS
at the same time, until CDBS is fixed.