Re: CDuce package needs a rebuild ?

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 12:16:31AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Is the new md5sums stuff supposed to warn about these problems
> automatically ? If so, what should I do to use it ?

No, it is not. The md5sums stuff is used at package build time to
compute the dependencies for the package which is being built. Since
these dependencies have a "greater or equal to" (>=) constraint they
wont prevent issues like the one you faced.

A tool which was used in the past to perform consistency checks on a
local installation of ocaml is tofubar [1], you can try it, but I
frankly don't remember if it is still working or not ...

> In the mean time, I suppose a CDuce upload is necessary, isn't it ?

I don't know the exact error, but it seems you're right. Please go
ahead, update the dependencies (build- and ordinary) in svn, test the
package and then ask for a sponsored upload as usual.

[1] http://www.bononia.it/~zack/stuff/tofubar.ml