Re: AMD64 Debian available

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 08:43:15AM +1000, skaller wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 20:33 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
>

> > unstable then.
>
> Hmm .. can't find postgres thing .. can you upload
> a package to unstable which depends on something
> that isn't in it? Or is my ISP's mirror lacking
> some packages?

$ apt-cache search postgres
postgresql - object-relational SQL database management system (transitional)
postgresql-7.4 - object-relational SQL database, version 7.4 server
postgresql-7.4-plr - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL 7.4 and R
postgresql-7.4-plruby - Ruby procedural language for PostgreSQL
postgresql-8.0 - object-relational SQL database, version 8.0 server
postgresql-8.0-pljava-gcj - Java procedural language for PostgreSQL
postgresql-8.0-plr - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL 8.0 and R
libpostgresql-ocaml - OCaml bindings to PostgreSQL's libpq
libpostgresql-ocaml-dev - OCaml bindings to PostgreSQL's libpq
libpgsql-ocaml - OCaml bindings to PostgreSQL's libpq
libpgsql-ocaml-dev - OCaml bindings to PostgreSQL's libpq

What else do you want ?

> [Ubuntu definitely has packages that depend on
> non-existent packages .. but not in main]

There is contrib in debian.

> BTW: to get the new Ocaml .. 103 packages had to be
> installed.. including libc .. binutils .. argg :)

Sure.

> And Synaptic politely asked me if I would like
> to continue without the package it couldn't
> find .. and then refused to do so :)

Hehe.