Re: [request for help] lablgl && xorg

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 14:15:58 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> That said, I'm not going to discover which of the tens packages
> xlibs-dev depends on are needed to build properly lablgl. If someone is
> willing to, fine, otherwise I propose to upload the package as it is
> right now in svn since rebuilding it against X.org fixes its current
> uninstallability on unstable.

Hi Stefano,

I didn't see anything in lablgl which would require libXxf86vm. Do you
have a build log with the problem?
I successfully built lablgl/1.01-4 in a sid chroot, so I may have missed
something.
While I was at it, I tried replacing the build-dep on xlibs-dev. The
following works for me:
Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), ocaml, ocaml-3.08.3, tcl8.4-dev,
tk8.4-dev, xlibmesa-gl-dev|libgl-dev, libglu1-xorg-dev|libglu-dev,
libglut3-dev, x-dev, libxmu-dev, libx11-dev, dpatch

Reasons for Build-Depends:
# tcl8.4-dev: #include <tcl.h>
# tk8.4-dev: #include <tk.h>
# libgl-dev: #include <GL/gl.h>
#            #include <GL/glx.h>
# libglu-dev: #include <GL/glu.h>
# libglut3-dev: #include <GL/glut.h>
#               #include <GLUT/*>
# x-dev: #include <X11/Xatom.h>
# libxmu-dev: #include <X11/Xmu/StdCmap.h>
# libx11-dev: #include <X11/Xlib.h>
#             #include <X11/Xutil.h>

The build-dep on libncurses5-dev seemed unnecessary (lablgl doesn't seem
to use it directly, and ocaml-nox depends on it already.
The build-dep on tcl8.4-dev was missing (but unnoticed because tk8.4-dev
depends on it).
I also removed "-lXext" from debian/Makefile.config as it doesn't seem
to be used.

Cheers,
Julien