Re: please don't upload regexp-pp and ocamldbi with urgency low!

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 06:28:24AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Eep.  I already did, sorry about that.  The news is not quite that bad
> though.  Someone else had uploaded a newer version of both ocamldbi and
> regexp-pp already, that for whatever reason my system didn't know of.
> So both uploads were rejected, which is as it should be.  I closed the
> wnpp bug on them already.

Well, ocamldbi and regexp-pp were upload some days ago (I don't remember
by whom) and will be ready to enter testing respectively in 2 days and 5
days (longest period we have to wait for the testing transition).

> The news for pycaml and perl4caml is not as good, though, I fear.
> However, neither of them was built since 2004, so perhaps they won't
> cause you trouble.

They will be broken in testing since their dependencies are wrong (ocaml
 >= version instead of ocaml-<version). Still, I prefer to have them
broken or even removed for a while instead of delaying the transition
which involves more than 60 packages.

After the transition we will take care of fixing pycaml and perl4caml.

> I apologize for the trouble.  I wasn't aware that this could cause

Apparently there will be no trouble, we have been incredibly lucky.