approx in sarge?

I was surprised to see approx in the list that Joey Hess posted to
debian-devel of packages being held out of sarge -- I assumed it
wasn't a candidate since it's so new.  Including it would also require
the syslog-ocaml library to go in, which hasn't been in testing yet.

The main argument in favor is that apt-proxy is also currently not in
sarge (but is in woody), so approx might provide a useful
alternative/migration for users.

I'd appreciate any advice on whether I (or a real DD) should petition
the debian-release list for its inclusion, or let it stay etch-only.
Thanks.