Re: approx in sarge?

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 11:31:06AM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> I was surprised to see approx in the list that Joey Hess posted to
> debian-devel of packages being held out of sarge -- I assumed it
> wasn't a candidate since it's so new.  Including it would also require
> the syslog-ocaml library to go in, which hasn't been in testing yet.

Well, it was never in sarge, which is the reason. If we had fixed the FTFBS
before the freeze things would have been different. I asked vorlon yesterday,
and he told me to write to debian-release.

> The main argument in favor is that apt-proxy is also currently not in
> sarge (but is in woody), so approx might provide a useful
> alternative/migration for users.

Ok, please mail to debian-release and debian-ocaml-maint with your
argumentation.

> I'd appreciate any advice on whether I (or a real DD) should petition
> the debian-release list for its inclusion, or let it stay etch-only.
> Thanks.

I would say let's try it, but the most probable result is a rejection. which
would not be tragic too.