Re: CDuce package

Hello,

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

Ok, please let me know when 0.3.2 is available on svn so that I can
check it and possibly upload. In the meantime: does the current version
already build against ocurl anx ocaml-expat? In that case I will be
happy to upload it know, since NEW queue processing takes rather long
uploading twice (0.3.1 and 0.3.2) will probably be a good idea ...

I've put 0.3.2 on Subversion. It currently uses Curl, but not Expat, because cduce_validate did not compile with Expat. I've reported the problem on the CDuce mailing-list and received this morning the answer : cduce_validate is deprecated. So, I will soon change the stuff on the Subversion repository to not compile cduce_validate and to use Expat.

An other issue is that I had to put «libcurl-ocaml-dev» as a Depends: (not Build-Depends:) for CDuce. When a package A uses CDuce, libcurl-ocaml-dev has to be installed to compile A. For example, the DemExp software uses CDuce, and with the addition of Curl support to CDuce, DemExp did not compile anymore in a pbuilder environnement, because libcurl-ocaml-dev. I think it's not up to DemExp to Build-Depends: on libcurl-ocaml-dev (because it has nothing to do with Curl), but up to CDuce to Depends: on libcurl-ocaml-dev.

However, this dependency seems rather ugly. Sven and other on IRC have suggested to split the CDuce package into two packages : cduce (which would contain the compiler) and libcduce-ocaml-dev (which would contain the libraries). However, I'm not sure if that makes sense, since the two things are intimately related.

What's your opinion about that ?

Except this problem, I've been able to correctly compile DemExp server (which uses CDuce) and run it. So the package seems to be working.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni