Re: CDuce package

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:35:10AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> I've put 0.3.2 on Subversion. It currently uses Curl, but not Expat,
> because cduce_validate did not compile with Expat. I've reported the
> problem on the CDuce mailing-list and received this morning the answer :
> cduce_validate is deprecated. So, I will soon change the stuff on the
> Subversion repository to not compile cduce_validate and to use Expat.

Ok, fine, this would have been my choice too.

> An other issue is that I had to put «libcurl-ocaml-dev» as a Depends:
> (not Build-Depends:) for CDuce. When a package A uses CDuce,
> libcurl-ocaml-dev has to be installed to compile A. For example, the

This is rather strange. What do you mean with "to compile A"? Do you get
the error while running cduce on the .cd file or when using CDuce
compilation for ".cdo" files?

> However, this dependency seems rather ugly. Sven and other on IRC have
> suggested to split the CDuce package into two packages : cduce (which
> would contain the compiler) and libcduce-ocaml-dev (which would contain
> the libraries). However, I'm not sure if that makes sense, since the two
> things are intimately related.
>
> What's your opinion about that ?

I don't think it is worth the effort splitting a libcduce-ocaml-dev
pacakge, even if we will need to depend both on curl and expat, they're
something like additional 100 Kb for people installing CDuce.

Anyway, have you asked on the CDuce mailing list about this dependency?

Thanks for your work on CDuce,