Re: Accessing Subversion repository

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:52:42PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Yesterday, I've registered my public SSH DSA key to Alioth in order to
> be able to access the Subversion repository.
>
> However, when trying to access the repository, SSH asks me for password,
> not my passphrase. It seems that it doesn't find my public key on the
> server or something (I'm using the same public key for other purposes
> and it's working perfectly).
>
> Either
>
>  svn ls --username tpetazzo-guest svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/
>
> or
>
> svn ls svn+ssh://tpetazzo-guest@svn.debian.org/
>
> do not work (SSH asks for a password).
>
> Is there something special to do to activate the Subsersion access ?
> Doesn't the server support DSA key ? Do I miss something completely ?

Once I had an Alioth password, I used scp to copy my id_dsa.pub to
ecc-guest@svn.debian.org:.ssh/authorized_keys.  Then I could ssh into
a shell, and use svn+ssh, without password prompting.

I also found that I could add the line
    ssh = ssh -l ecc-guest
to my ~/.subversion/config file on my client machine, so that I can do
   svn xxx svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/...
without having to include "ecc-guest@".

My apologies if this is all common knowledge!

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u