Re: hevea licencing problems

Hi,

Having a look at this problem I dicovered that hevea was under the QPL
which is generally considered as non-free if I remember correctly the
events of this summer concerning OCaml. Sven, I'm I correct?

The last version of the QPL is free, it is the licence of KDE (or at
least of the underliying library) and of the OCaml compiler.

Ah?
- A wdiff between the copyright files of hevea and libwcd did not show up any major difference. However the libcwd was moved to non-free [1] because of the QPL.

I see. However, the case of libwcd is more serious since it is a
library. I will talk to the upstream author and ask him to follow
the move of ocaml.

I think this is the best thing to do for now, at least for the sake of consistency (and to avoid yet another debian-legal flamewar).

Samuel, since you are now a debian member, would you like to be listed
as uploader of the packages maintained by the Debian Ocaml Maintainers?

Yes, you can add me if you want to.

Regards,

Samuel.