Re: hevea licencing problems

Hi,

Remi Vanicat wrote:
Having a look at this problem I dicovered that hevea was under the QPL
which is generally considered as non-free if I remember correctly the
events of this summer concerning OCaml. Sven, I'm I correct?

The last version of the QPL is free, it is the licence of KDE (or at
least of the underliying library) and of the OCaml compiler.

Ah?
- A wdiff between the copyright files of hevea and libwcd did not show up any major difference. However the libcwd was moved to non-free [1] because of the QPL. - The Qt 3.3 library is dual licensed under the QPL and the GPL (did you have an other lib in mind?). - OCaml isn't anymore under the plain QPL. The Debian changelog for the 3.08.1 version states: "Dropped QPL 6c qnd choice of venue clause from the QPL licence.".

I don't have enough time to look in details so I might be wrong here but it seems far from clear to me that this license is free (at least for Debian).

Regards,

Samuel.