Re: Sponsor for Flare 1.0

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:10, Thomas Schoepf wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> Berke, you have integrated flare (now xara) into the ara tarball? Then
> the fastest way to get xara into the Debian archives would be to upload
> a new version of ara, containting both ara and xara. If you intend to
> keep ara uptodate then I'd prefer to create two debs from the one source
> so it's still possible to have a command line search tool without all
> the gtk2 libs.
> As the maintainer of ara, I could upload or sponsor such an upload. I'm
> quite busy with real life at the moment, off the net in 30 minutes and
> maybe not back before tomorrow late in the evening. So, it would be the
> best if someone of you, maybe George, could prepare a package, and I'll
> sponsor the upload for the time being. I don't insist on maintaining
> this package (reasons above :) ).

Ok, in case Thomas is really short of time here is [1] my late (well,
midnightly prepared ;-) debian/ directory for the new source package of ara.
I named the two binary packages as ara and xara-gtk (since not sure if
someone can write a qt gui for it ;-), but for the time being I left the
executable brought by the xara-gtk package as xara.

If Thomas keeps being busy I hope some official DD proof-reads the files and
sponsor the package, since I'm not an official one.

[1] http://danchev.fccf.net/debian/ara/

hope that helps.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB