Re: mod_caml and cocanwiki (was: Re: Cocanwiki package)

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:49:20PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I've looked at mod_caml and cocanwiki recently because I'm interested in
> them. Still I've no time to be the maintainer of the package, _but_ I
> will be happy to review and sponsor your packages.
>
> This means that _you_ will be the package maintainer, you would take
> care of bug reports and so on. I (or someone else) would simply perform
> the uploads for you.
>
> Before spending time on your packages, and since we have discussed this
> issue many time in the past, I would like you to give me some answers
> (already posed in the past for your packages IIRC, but never answered):
> 1) is ok for you to be the maintainer of those packages?

Yes.

> 2) is ok for you to work on the SVN repository of our alioth project?
>    It would ease our work. If the answer is "yes" could you please
>    commit the latest version of your package on the repository instead
>    of simply making the available on the web?

Yes (see below).

> 3) are you interested in being an official debian developer or not?
>    Note that you can be the maintainer of your packages even if you
>    answer "no"

Not much free time so I think the answer is no.

OK, so I've checked out pkg-ocaml-maint from SVN, and in there I see a
packages/mod-caml directory.  I thought I'd start small by trying
to build the package already in that directory.  I'm using:

  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

(This is ongoing, because it turns out I first have to upgrade my dev
machine to 3.08 from Debian/testing, which I'm doing now).

Is this the right way to go?

Is there any documentation I ought to be reading?

Rich.

MONOLITH is an advanced framework for writing web applications in C, easier
than using Perl & Java, much faster and smaller, reusable widget-based arch,
database-backed, discussion, chat, calendaring:
http://www.annexia.org/freeware/monolith/