Re: ledit: ocaml wrapper doesn't pass arguments

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 02:24:54PM -0800, John Eikenberry wrote:
> Package: ledit
> Version: 1.11-2
> Severity: normal
> Tags: patch
>

> The ledit diversion of ocaml uses this shell script:
>

> #!/bin/sh
> exec ledit ocaml.real

I am rebuilding ledit for ocaml 3.08, and find no trace of this wrapper
script. It seems to me that this was removed some time ago, and that what you
see is a leftover of that. It is quite old too :

ledit (1.10-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Removed the ocaml wrapper.

 -- Sven Luther <luther@debian.org>  Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:52:29 +0200

Same goes for your ocamldebug bug report :

> ledit currently diverts ocaml and wraps it with a shell script using
> ledit. It should do the same for ocamldebug. Eg.
>

> #!/bin/sh
> exec ledit ocamldebug.real $@

I don't remember exactly why it was removed again in 2001. Could someone
refresh my memory on this. Or maybe it would be ok to reintroduce those
wrappers conditionally (with a low priority debconf question maybe ?).